WHAT IS A SAUNA?
The sauna is essentially a space set on certain temperatures and humidity levels that allows those who use it to draw relaxation and benefits for body and mind.
To date there are several sauna types, let’s discover together the most important ones.
It is also called "dry sauna" and was born in Finland hundreds of years ago. It is undoubtedly the best known. It is a cabin mainly composed by wood covered walls (usually fir, poplar, pine, alder or Canadian hemlock), benches, showers and/or tubs and stoves.
The system is set at temperatures between 80 ° and 100°. Heat and steam are generated by pouring water on lava stones. Steam regoulate the humidity between 10% and 20%. Essential oils beneficial to the body, generally composed of eucalyptus, pine, lavender, birch, grapefruit, lemon or rosemary are added to the water. Making cold water baths during the sauna permanence is reccomended for an efficient management of high temperatures. High temperatures entails intense traspiration of the skin.
How long should you stay in sauna? It is recommended not to exceed a 15-20 minute permanence.
It is also called "wet sauna" and has very ancient origins. The hammam was born in Arab lands around the 7th century AD and was an important meeting place for the population. It is a cabin, usually covered in marble or stone, composed by benches.
WHAT ARE THE SAUNA HEALTH BENEFITS?
Below the most important ones:
- Breathing: airway receive particular benefits beacause sauna treatment relaxes and strengthens the breathing muscles and promotes the mucus secretion.
- Nervous system: the nervous system relaxes and this has a decontracting effect on the muscles. Furthermore the psycho-physical balance is improved by raising the pain threshold and the capacity to withstand the environmental heat. Mood and well-being are improved as dopamine is released into the brain.
- Skin: strong blood circulation and intense heat-induced sweating prevents fat deposits and contributes to the reduction of cellulite and skin blemishes. Furthermore, dry heat purifies and irrigates the scalp.
- Infection: staying in sauna activates the lymphatic system by increasing the immune system which leads to prevention against several types of infections (colds, flu, sinusitis, tonsillitis, etc.). It is also useful against typical spring allergies.
- Weight loss: we often hear: "the sauna makes you lose weight". This is partially true, it is possible to lose up to two kilograms (only of liquids to be reinstated promptly).
- Metabolism: the blood circulation increase determines the improvement of the metabolism of kidneys, liver and pancreas. This contributes to the elimination of toxins.
- Rheumatism: in presence of rheumatic diseases the pain is greatly alleviated.
- Heart: the beneficial effects on the heart influence all the other organs of the human body. This organ, in fact, is the main one because it is activated to maintain the homeostasis of all the other organs (brain, muscles, liver, kidneys, heart itself). The heart, in fact, has the function of circulating blood in all the organs bringing them oxygen and removing carbon dioxide. The sauna permanence strengthens the heart and this involves prevention against potential heart diseases.
HOME SAUNA: HOW MUCH IT COSTS?
We live in a hectic society, we are continually overburdened with commitments and deadlines to be respected. This lifestyle negatively affects our mental and physical well-being and in some cases can lead to widespread mental disorders such as anxiety and depression.
Edilceram Design offers three quality solutions belonging to three different price ranges:
MULTIFUNCTIONAL SHOWER ENCLOSURE WITH HAMMAM - JACUZZI CLOUD 100 9448277A
Price: 6.569 €. Contact us for a quote.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL SHOWER ENCLOSURE WITH HAMMAM - JACUZZI OMEGA 954710819
Price: 17.831 €. Contact us for a quote.
WELLNESS SYSTEM WITH SAUNA AND SHOWER SPACE - HAFRO ETHOS SSAET5E1SH
Price: 31.435 €. Contact us for a quote.
In case you are going to consider the idea of installing an home sauna, before proecessing the purchase, we would like to reccomend you to contact an expert installator that can take into account the functional aspects of the house.